Wednesday, April 22, 2009

When life hands you lemons…

Photo by cfwhitney

D’s spring musical was last night and it was wonderful. It was called “Lemonade” and it was about Fairytale Land and all the fairy tale characters were having a bad day. Mother Goose comes around and tells them to look at the brighter side of things and, as the old adage goes, “When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!” Everyone took her advice and lived happily ever after.

D didn’t have a speaking part but she gave “good face” while singing in the choral. She was back row center because she is probably the tallest kid in the first grade. She sang and pantomimed her little heart out. A and I both sheds some tears of pride. My Mom, A’s Mom, My Uncle L and Aunt C came to the show (D’s BM and BM’s Mom came as well). We gave D some flowers and she was excited because she was the only on in the class to receive some.

After the show I got to meet D’s teacher. I was very nervous to meet her because of my feeling like a “poseur mom” that I spoke of in my last post. D’s teacher is also a friend of BM’s family and has known BM since she was small. Again, my feelings were unwarranted. Her teacher was so sweet and so glad to meet me. She told me I should start getting involved in school activities and parent teacher conferences! This is so huge for me and got me a little teary eyed.

After the show A and I chatted with his Mom a bit and then headed over to my Mom’s to hang with Uncle L and Aunt C. We all shared stories about my Dad so that A could get an idea of what he was like. Of course Mom and I cried and I wish my sister was there.

Even though I blubbered a lot, it was a really great evening. I am blessed.

1 comments:

whatsherface said...

Awesomeness! I wish I could have been there, too.

I'm so glad D's teacher is so willing to include you - that is a huge deal! Of course I'd expect no less of a responsible professional in her position, but ya never know; some people are azzholes no matter how irresponsible and immature it is. So far, it looks like everyone is thinking of D and what is best for her. And that's just wonderful! :D

 
template by suckmylolly.com