Friday, April 24, 2009

How to teach Filthy Rich Girls, a book review, Kinda




Now I know I have said that I am not good at reviews. I have no idea why I am going to review this book but I am. I guess I just like tormenting myself...


I absolutely love the CW show Privileged. I think it is witty and cute and when I heard that the show was based on the book How to teach Filthy Rich Girls, I knew I had to read it. In my past experience the books are better than the show or movie. Not in this case.


Yes, I enjoyed the book. It was an easy read, but it was not what I was expecting. The CW show is loosely based on the book and when I say loosely, I mean the only things they share are the names of the characters and the Palm Beach, Florida.


In the book Megan becomes the tutor to rich, bratty, identical, red-headed twins; Sage and Rose Baker. If Megan can tutor the twins and get them accepted into Duke, the twins grandmother will pay off all Megan's student loans and the twins get their trusts. If they fail, the twins go penniless. The twins hate Megan at first but through laughter and tears, they all come to love each other in the end.

I have such a knack for painting a picture don't I?

Here are my final thoughts;

I like the show much better. The characters are more interesting as well as their back ground stories. My only beef with the show is that Ashley Newbrough and Lucy Kate Hale look nothing alike. I didn't even realize that they were supposed to be identical twins until the middle of the season. Although I adore Ashley (she has been in several of my Canadian shows) I think Nora Zehetner would be a much more believable "Sage" to Lucy Kate's "Rose".



I can't wait for next season!

2 comments:

Christy said...

I love the show, so I don't think I'll be reading the book. Thanks!!!

Layne said...

it's okay but liek I said, almost completely different from the show :(

 
template by suckmylolly.com