I can finally say we've got a DIY project finished. We've had the materials to make D a peg board for a while now and we finished it tonight. A put the support wood on the back because he wanted to practice cutting wood at an angle. I painted the peg board white which turned out to be a huge pain in the rump. When the paint dried I had to poke holes through the paint... Then I glued ribbon and lace around the border and stuck on some princess embellishments.
This freed up a lot of room on her desk. I plan on buying a few different styles of hooks so we can add more to the board.
We also cleaned the entire house. I can't believe it. For the first time in a very long while, all rooms of the house are clean at once. No laundry, no crazy boxes full of crap (aside from what's in the garage but that doesn't count) and only the dinner dishes are in the sink. Hallelujah!