Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hot N Cold

Have you heard the song, "Hot N Cold" by Katy Perry? If not, here is a little taste;

'Cause you're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in and you're out
You're up and you're down
You're wrong when it's right
It's black and it's white
We fight, we break up
We kiss, we make up

You, you don't really wanna stay, no
You, but you don't really wanna go, oh

This is how I feel about the Arkansas weather lately. One day it is gorgeous, the next it's cold. Yesterday was beautiful and felt like early summer, tomorrow it is supposed to snow up to 8 inches. What is left of the trees are budding and it looks so pretty. If it snows tomorrow, it will all be ruined. C'mon weather! Make up your mind!!

Sheesh

On a 101 things in 1001 note;

79. See a play with Mom once a year #2


Why is this on my list?: My Mom loves live theatre. We had such a good time at "Butterflies Are Free" we couldn't wait to see the first play of the year.

How did I do it?: In our local news paper I read that "But Why Bump Off Barnaby" would be the first play of the year. The ad said it would be a "Mystery Farce" kind of like "Clue" which my Mom and I love. I also invited Sis because she was a bit hurt that she couldn't come last time.

How did it feel?: Um... It was nowhere near as good as the last play. The setting was in a mansion somewhere in England but no one had a British accent. At one point the maid was calling the women "Mum" but when you say it with a southern accent, it just makes no sense. My Sis leaned over and asked me, "Why did she just call her Mom?" There was a lot of over acting but the set was well made. A guy friend of mine was in it so I was interested in seeing his acting abilities and he was actually the best. I didn't feel like he was just spiting lines but really trying to act in the moment. I was impressed. A's coworker Ryan (from the last show) was sitting in front of us and I asked him why he wasn't in this play. He said he needed some time off. Too bad. They could have used him in this show. Mom had fun and that's really all that matters.


Yep, another grainy camera phone photo

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com