Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pillow Talk


Late Saturday night I finished making D her tooth fairy pillow (using my new sewing machine!!). Her only requests for the pillow were “pink” and “monkeys”. I found the perfect fabric, matching thread and some pink iron on letters. I haven’t used a sewing machine since freshman year in high school and that was a LONG time ago. The pillow isn’t perfect but both D & A love it. What more could I ask for?

D was so excited about the pillow that she wouldn’t go to sleep until it was done.
She said she was going to sleep on her stomach with her head on the pillow just in case her tooth fell out while she was sleeping.
She didn’t loose her tooth that night though. She ended up loosing it on Monday night at her mom’s house. A was really bummed that it didn’t happen when she was with us but thankfully she has at least 19 more to go! Now we just need to find out how much the Tooth Fairy gave her for the first one…

For my next sewing project I may make some curtains or maybe this little skirt I originally found on One Pretty Thing.

1 comments:

Christy said...

You know.. the tooth fairy gives a lot more these days than she did when we were little. haha.

What a cute pillow. I bet she loved it!!!

My online classes are through my local community college. I don't think the instructor is from around here.. maybe NY, but there are people all over the world taking her classes. Email me at lobesforlife@yahoo.com if you want to go through the college I do, or you could just check at your local community college. I checked today and she's only offering the CS3 classes, but a CS4 class is in the works. I think I'll wait for that one, just because it does have more features on it that I'll want to learn. I'm really getting overwhelmed looking at everything photo retouching involves. I've been looking at the tutorials here and they are wonderful!! Good luck!

 
template by suckmylolly.com