Saturday, December 13, 2008

What do you think about this?

Tuesday was our one year anniversary.

A took me to dinner at Chili’s were we had good food and great conversation. After dinner we came back home to relax and just be together. When I walked into the house there was incense burning and a bouquet of flowers on the coffee table along with a movie and an assortment of my favorite candies and snacks. I was totally surprised! His dad had snuck over while we were at dinner and set it all up and thankfully Piper didn’t get into any of it.

While I was “oohing” and “ahhhing” over the flowers, he came up behind me and said, “What do you think about this?” and he held out a ring box.
“What is it?”
“What do you think about it?”
“Is this what I think it is?”
By now we are both crying.
It took him a few minutes to actually get the “Will you marry me?” out.
I asked him a few times if he was sure he wanted to marry me. When he assured me that he did, I said, “of course” I’d marry him!!!
We just hugged and cried and whispered sweet nothings to one another.

Wednesday night, while I was at work, A had a talk with D and she told him that she is happy. Her only concern was if we had a baby, where would it sleep?
During her bath she drew on the shower wall with the soap crayons “Dad’s getting Married” with a stick man on one knee in front of a stick girl.

Later that night when I tucked her into bed I asked her to tell me how she is feeling. She said she was happy and that if I have a baby girl, could we name it Deborah (pronounced de-bore-ahh)? I told her that it would be a while before I have a baby and we have plenty of time to pick names. Deborah??? LOL!!

The past few days have been a blur of phone calls, emails, texts and people coming to see my ring (It was his Great Grandmother’s).

I love this man so much. I almost feel like I don’t deserve him. He is the most caring, tender, sweet, funny, handsome man I have ever met. I am overjoyed and so blessed and I can’t wait to be a wife and a stepmom.

1 comments:

Christy said...

I can't believe I'm just now reading this post. WOW... congratulations. How awesome to get a wonderful husband and become a step-mom all at the same time.
I'm sure "Deborah" will become a million other names before the time comes.. hehe!

 
template by suckmylolly.com