Monday, December 8, 2008

Watching #29 float away

Last month we received an email at work asking for volunteers to help make the company float for our town's Christmas parade. I immediately replied that I would love to take part. I thought it would be the perfect thing to do for #29 (Participate in at least one community event each year) on my list. I was asked what days and times I would be available and that I would be contacted once a date was set. I was excited.

A few weeks ago we received another email asking the days and times we were available. I responded again.

Last Friday I was getting ready to leave work and I over heard someone say, "We better leave soon or we will never get out of here with the parade starting soon." WTF? The parade? I turned to my Boss (who also volunteered for the float building) and asked her if she helped build our float and she said she'd never heard back about it.

I didn't make it to the parade because I ended up having to work my night job and I still don't know if we even had a float...

So... I think I will try to do two community events next year since I will have more options.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com