Sunday, December 21, 2008

#95 Cook at least one homemade dinner for my Mom each year (1/3)

I can't believe I totally forgot about this one!

My mom's birthday was on the 7th. She was moving my Opa to town and would be back the 6th. I knew she would be exhausted so I decided to cook her dinner for her birthday.

It just so happened that Schwan's was having a benefit for my friend Mellissa. 10% of everything they sold on the 6th would go to her. I bought salmon (mom's fave) & garlic cheese rolls for the dinner. I was supposed to get blackberry cobbler and free ice cream but they said they sold out and didn't have any more at the warehouse.

We ended up having the salmon, rolls, steamed veggies, rice pilaf and blackberry cobbler (from a local grocer). Sis and A helped me cook and we had a great time and a yummy dinner. We even did the dishes after dessert!

I don't know why we didn't take photos. I am sorry.

~*~*~

My Opa moved into his assisted living apartment on Friday. He already made two new friends. Mom says one of the men is a real take-charge kind of guy so she is hoping he will take my Opa under his wing.

His apartment is so nice! It hasn't been occupied so the carpets are clean. The bathroom is huge, the living room is huge and his bedroom isn't bad either. I don't know why I had it in my head that it would be disgusting and smell like urine. It was the polar opposite of what I assumed. They have a fun room with a pool table, another with a flat screen TV, two formal dining areas and it's own beauty salon. We met a couple of the nurses and they were super sweet. I feel very safe and relieved to know he is in great hands.

~*~*~

Christmas Events for my newly blended family;

Christmas Eve Afternoon - My Mom's to open gifts with D
Christmas Eve Night - A's Dad's family to open gifts with D
Christmas Early Morning - Our house to open gifts and stockings with D
Christmas Morning - D goes to see her Mom
Christmas Afternoon - Go back to A's Dad's family and open the grownup's gifts
Christmas Evening - Go back to my Mom's where Sis and Opa will join us to open grownup's gifts

Somewhere in the middle of all that we need to spend time with A's Mom & family.

It seems stressful but I feel so blessed to have a ton of people to be with during the Holiday's.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com