Friday, December 19, 2008

62. Put up a Christmas tree each year (1/3)


I have been feeling very sad over the past few days because I thought I put the word “real” in #62 but I didn’t YAY! I dodged that list bullet.

I wanted a real Christmas tree this year but it just didn’t work out. Piper has been a bad girl the past few months (stealing; presents, tape, wrapping paper, ornaments in boxes etc.) so we just don’t trust her around a real tree. Then there was the issue of going to get the tree and getting it home and the mess of the needles. You know how it goes.

I don’t mind my pre-lit faux tree. We didn’t have less fun decorating it because it wasn’t real and the end result is just as lovely. I just miss the smell of a real one. One whiff of a Fir tree sends me back to Christmases when I was young, both naughty and nice, and instantly puts me in a happy mood.

I went on a search to find a candle that smells like a Christmas tree. I tried our local Hallmark and all they had were mixes of tree smell with a sweet smell. I was not into it. I tried my luck at good ol’ Wal-Mart and found what I was looking for. Let’s see if I can get the tree and the candle to fool anyone… or at least fool me.

~*~*~

Normally during the week before Christmas we have a little group of middle schoolers who come and sing and dance for us (at the day job). Last year their music instructor retired so we probably won’t be getting any entertainment. This makes me sad because they are so stinking cute. They make me cry like a proud Momma every time.

~*~*~

The Salvation Army just came and took the Teddy Bear Tree today. I am going to miss it but I know the bears are going to make some little kids very happy

~*~*~

My Christmas shopping is done but I still have a few things to wrap and a ton of baking.
Add cleaning the entire house to the mix and I am going to have a very busy weekend.

Here is the yummy gingerbread house D and I made.
I know it's yummy because I took a bite out of it last night!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com