Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm the best...um...?

Tonight I was ironing clothes while D was on the bed watching a movie. Out of nowhere she says,
"Layne, I missed you all week." (I just dropped her off at school on Monday)
Me: I missed you too Sweetie.
D: I just want to hug you.
(We hug for a few minutes and I put her back on the bed)
D: Layne, you're the best... um... what are you?
Me: Well, right now I am your Daddy's girlfriend.
D: Well, you are the best... What do I call you then?
Me: What would you like to call me?
D: I don't know.
L: Well, you can think about it for a while and let me know, okay?
D: Okay.

I can see where the lines get muddied and not just for her. I'm not technically her Stepmom (yet) but I am a whole heck of a lot more then "The Baby Sitter" (What she called me when A and I first got together). Who am I right now? I love this child. I feed and clothe her. I want the absolute best for her. I can't wait for the day when she can say that I'm the best Stepmom.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com