Monday, November 3, 2008

Book Review: The Single Girl’s Guide to Marrying A Man, His Kids, and His Ex-Wife

Photo from Amazon.com


I was looking for a book to help me with what challenges I might be facing as a Step-mom-to-be. I did a search on Amazon.com and even though I didn’t find “What to expect when you are expecting a six year old stepchild”, I did find “The Single Girl’s Guide to Marrying A Man, His Kids, and His Ex-Wife” by Sally Bjornsen.

The cover was cute, the summery was interesting and the reviews were good. I purchased it without hesitation.

I loved this book. Within the first 20 pages I was in tears because I realized that all the feelings I’d been having, good and bad, are normal. I am not evil and I am not alone. Bjornsen has a wonderful way of making a point with humor and class. She touches base on issues such as “The Ex”, finances and whether or not to go “Bio”.

I learned that my situation is actually a pretty good one. Although it isn’t “perfect” it could be a hellofalot worse! I have a feeling that I will keep rereading the book to remind myself that things are going to be okay and that “it isn’t always about me”. I recommend this book to any new stepmother or step-mother-to-be.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com