Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's a biggun'


It was a busy weekend and it’s been a busy week so far.
Let’s see, what should I blog about first…?

What about this;
#98. Do something extra special for A each month.
When I was in Lowe’s on Saturday I picked up a “How to” book on plumbing. A really wants to re-do the bathroom on his own. I thought a DIY book would be perfect. I was right. He has been pouring over it ever since I gave it to him.

A and I got a lot of the Halloween decorations up this weekend. He was going for a “Cocoon” type look for the front porch area. I think he achieved his goal. He fell in love with the spider he bought and decided to incorporate it into his costume this year. I think the yard looks great so far!

I found out that I have to work my night job on Halloween so I won’t be able to do #38. Go trick or treating if we have D and if not, hand out candy. Hopefully I can do this next year. I will be able to #37. Dress up for Halloween at the night job only. I want to be something simple because I will only have 15 minutes to change and get to the night job. I want to buy some cat ears and tail but anything remotely cute that I found on the Internet is sold out. I may have to figure something else out.

Piper has been having very bad allergies lately. She has rubbed her muzzle and ears to the point of bleeding. I took her off prednisone because it was making her fat. The Vet told me to try Benadryl instead. She has been on Benadryl for almost a week but her allergies are just getting worse. I took her into the vet yesterday and, $130 later, she had to have a prednisone shot, a treatment for mites (just incase, because it is cheaper to treat for it then test for it) and a butt load of special diet dog food. I was also told that she should be getting 100mgs of Benadryl twice a day. Not the 25mgs I was giving her. She is to have her special food and ONLY her food (no treats, table scraps, raw hide, etc.) for 2 months to see if her allergy is due to food. OH! AND! She gained a pound!! I have been walking her every day and took her of prednisone and she gains a pound??? :sigh:

On an up side, A and BioMom went to a parent-teacher conference and D is doing extremely well! Out of the 150 words she must know how to spell by site by the end of the year, she knows 140. It's only the first quarter! She is reading and comprehending at level 12 out of 18 (18 being the goal by the end of the year). I am so stinkin' proud of the little smartie pants! I wish I could give myself some credit (HA-HA) but grilling her on the spelling words is as far as it goes.

All in all things are going well. It’s a “D” weekend and Sis may come for a visit so that should be fun.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com